Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Summer Reading 2021 Selection
Part 1 of Deconstructing Privilege edited by Kim Case.
We invite participants to read any or all of the chapters in this section:
- Chapter 2 Pedagogy for the Privileged: Addressing Inequality and Injustice without Shame or Blame
- Chapter 3 Deconstructing Privilege: When Students Resist
- Chapter 4 Teaching Social Justice Ally Development Among Privileged Students
- Chapter 5 Colorblindess is the New Racism: Raising Awareness about Privilege Using Color Insight
As you read, we welcome your thoughts, questions, insights and comments on the TTLC (Teaching Technology Learning Community) D2L page -- look for a discussion thread under "Teach Talk - Pedagogy".
We will also host an in-person discussion in mid-September to discuss the reading, date and time TBD.
eBook copy of this book from the library
Book Discussion Guidelines
Guidelines for fostering constructive conversation:
- Listen when others are speaking
- Leave space in the conversation for everyone to participate
- Respect others opinions and point of views
- Agree to employ "ELMO" if necessary: Everyone Let's Move On
- Keep the book at the center of the conversation