Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases for Finding Journal Articles
One of the largest biomedical databases, PubMed includes both clinical and basic research. Use a USciences link to PubMed for quick access to the library’s journal holdings. To set up your own account, see How to Create and Use a My NCBI Account (https://guides.library.usciences.edu/myncbi).
Biological Abstracts (via EBSCO)
Citations and abstracts for about 6500 biological and biomedical research journals. The library’s subscription begins with 1997.
• Note: This URL links directly to an EBSCOhost "Advanced Search" page that is set to search only Biological Abstracts.
Some Resources Provided by the Library (USciences username and password required)
This resource includes basic and clinical pharmacology and toxicology textbooks, including Casarett & Doull's Toxicology and Goodman & Gilman's Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics.
AdisInsight (formerly R&D Insight)
Information on drugs in the pipeline.
• Note: A unique login is needed to access this database. Follow this link to enter your USciences network username and password; doing this will allow you to view the unique login for AdisInsight. PLEASE logout when you are done so that other users may search.
Food Chemicals Codex
The FCC is a compendium of internationally recognized standards for the purity and identity of food ingredients.
• Note: A unique login is needed to access this database. Follow this link to enter your USciences network username and password; doing this will allow you to view the unique login for the FCC.
USP Dictionary of USAN and International Drug Names
The USP Dictionary of United States Adopted Names (USAN) and International Drug Names is the leading reference for nonproprietary drug names and chemical structures.
• This resource allows access for 1 user at a time. To help ensure timely access for all users, please click the blue LOGOUT button (toward the top right) at the end of your session.
• If you cannot access this resource, please try again in one hour.
USP-NF: United States Pharmacopeia and The National Formulary
Monographs for drug substances, dosage forms, and compounded preparations.
JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments)
A peer-reviewed video journal demonstrating laboratory techniques and methods. Videos may be found by searching the journal's site or by searching Primo with the link in the Quick Links menu on the right. The library subscribes to these sections of JoVE:
Some Resources Available Free on the Internet