Searching for e-Resources
If you are looking for peer-reviewed, scholarly content from the library's subscription databases and collections, begin with ProQuest Research Library or Access Science (in the e-Resources box, below). If you don't find what you're looking for there, move on to the More e-Resources box for more subscription content.
If you are looking for good, free sources, try the Other e-Resources box. Included here are links to the websites of scholarly and professional societies with content and collections related to physics. Some content may not be free of charge, e.g., some research papers may be citation only (not full-text).
Scroll further down this page to search for books, cite your sources, and more.
AIP (American Institute of Physics) Style
Need to use a different style? Check out our How to Write a Reference guide.
Google Scholar is Google’s tool for searching scholarly literature.
Important Note: Google Scholar's search results are not exhaustive, so do not assume that you have found "everything" on your topic via Scholar. It is just one tool to employ in your searches.
Among the Physics journals that USciences library receives are these listed below.
Check Our Journal List/e-Book List for these and other titles (be sure the Journals tab, not e-Books is selected when searching).
American Physical Society titles:
· Physical Review Letters -- internet
· Physical Review Online Archive -- internet
· Physics (now: Journal of Applied Physics) -- print
· Review of Modern Physics
· American Journal of Physics -- print+internet
· Annals of Physics -- internet
· Brazilian Journal of Physics -- internet
· Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics -- internet
· Canadian Journal of Physics -- internet
· Central European Journal of Physics -- internet
· Chemical Physics -- internet
· Chemical Physics Letters-- internet
· Communication in Mathematical Physics -- internet
· Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics -- internet
· Current AppliedPhysics -- internet
· Fortshritte der Physik / Progress of Physics -- internet
· Foundations of Physics -- internet
· Glass Physics and Chemistry -- internet
· Health Physics -- internet
· Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics -- internet
· Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics -- internet
· Journal of Biological Physics -- internet
· Journal of Chemical Physics -- print
· Journal of Computational Physics -- internet
· Journal of Contemporary Physics -- internet
· Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics (Formerly: Journal of Engineering Physics. New York) -- internet
· Journal of Geometry and Physics -- internet
· Journal of High Energy Physics -- internet
· Journal of Low Temperature Physics -- internet
· Journal of Medical Physics -- internet
· Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids -- internet
· Journal of Statistical Physics -- internet
Need an article from a journal we don't have? We'll get it for you through ILLiad.
There are several ways to search for books and e-books: