Public Health Journals
Among the Public Health journals that USciences library receives are these listed below.
Check Our Journal List for these and other titles.
· American Journal of Epidemiology
· American Journal of Industrial Medicine
· American Journal of Public Health
· Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
· BMC Public Health
· Bulletin of the World Health Organization
· Canadian Journal of Public Health
· Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health
· Community Mental Health Journal
· Emerging Infectious Diseases
· Environmental Health Perspectives
· Epidemiologic Reviews
· Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal
· European Journal of Epidemiology
· European Journal of Public Health -- (12 month embargo)
· International Journal of Epidemiology -- (12 month embargo)
· Journal of Community Health
· Journal of Health, Politics, Policy and Law
· Journal of Public Health -- (12 month embargo)
· Journal of Public Health Policy -- (12 month embargo)
· Journal of Public Mental Health
· Medical Letter on the CDC and FDA
· Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
· Pan American Journal of Public Health
· Preventing Chronic Diseases: Public Health Research, Practice and Policy
· Preventive Medicine
· Preventive Medicine Week
· Public Health Nursing
· Public Health Reports
· Risk Analysis -- (12 month embargo)
· Scandinavian Journal of Public Health
· Weekly Epidemiological Record (WER)
· WHO Drug Information
Need an article from a journal we don't have? We'll get it for you through ILLiad.
How to Find Journals
Quick instructions for searching Our Journal List
1. Access Our Journal List (also located in the Quick Links section which appears on the side of most pages). This tool allows you to search the library’s full text and print journals holdings.
2. Enter all or part of the journal title in the Quick Search box and click Search; Make sure you enter a journal title and not an article title.
3. Titles matching your search will be displayed. Note the Online Coverage column which shows the date range of full text onlineholdings for each title.
4. Online Journals - To see a journal that is available online, click on its checkmark link () under Full Text Access. The link should take you directly to the online journal where you can locate your article. If you are off-campus, you will need a valid username and password to view most online articles. Some online journal articles are not available from off-campus due to vendor or technical barriers.
5. Print Holdings - To see which volumes of a journal title the library holds, click on the checkmark link () under Print Holdings. The link will take you to the title's entry in cataLyst, the library's catalog (Sometimes instead of a single entry, a results list will appear). Scroll down through the entry to find the location of the journal and the library's holdings. Most bound and unbound journals are on the library's second floor.
Or view a video tutorial on basic searching [3:23min]
Search Google Scholar
Google Scholar is Google’s tool for searching scholarly literature.
- Just search using the field below. In your search results, look for the Find Full Text at USciences link next to individual results and click it to access full text via our e-resource subscriptions. (The link should only appear next to full text items in our collection.)
- If you do not see the Find Full Text at USciences link next to an item you would like to read, look beneath the citation for a link that reads All (#) versions. If present, click this link to see all the locations the item is hosted online. In some instances, free access to the item may be available through one of these locations. If not, consider placing a request via ILLiad for the item.
Important Note: Google Scholar's search results are not exhaustive, so do not assume that you have found "everything" on your topic via Scholar. It is just one tool to employ in your searches.
Featured Books from Our Collection
Click a title/author link to check availability in the library catalog (cataLyst); A status of Not Charged indicates the book is available.
Ask A Librarian
Type your question to view some suggested answers; If you don't find an answer, then just click "Ask" to send us your question.
Send Us Your Feedback
Rate this Guide using any or all of the following buttons and fields. To suggest a link for inclusion in this guide, use the "Submit A Link" form, below.
Thanks for your feedback!
Submit a Link
Click Submit to let us know about a resource that you would like to see on this page.